Friday, February 1, 2013
Mushy Smushy Valentine's Day Rut I'm in...Help?! LOL.....
I can't believe it's already February! It seems like just last week it was Christmas..........now we are getting ready to venture into the month of LOVE.......awww Valentine's Day and all kinds of other mushy smushy stuff!! lol Do you get excited about this holiday? Or as my hubby calls it "An excuse for card companies, chocolate & floral businesses to make more money!" Such a romantic soul he is......Oh in our first few years of marriage he'd do some sweet things.........flowers, going out for dinner (Without kids) and cards. But I tend to be somewhat frugal minded and think of just WHAT I could buy with those roses that might cost a half weeks worth of groceries......LOL I have finally convinced him that carnations are much more appreciated if truly necessary to purchase. (which I DO love on occasion) They last much longer........my girls even like receiving them from him on their birthdays. I Would like to plan something this year to surprise him.........His birthday falls a few days before Valentine's so maybe I will try to come up with something fun and romantic. Lord knows we like probably many others have gotten caught in the 'Rut of Life'.........like that movie 'Ground Hog Day' with Bill Murray where he wakes up and does the same day over and over and over......sometimes I feel like that! Anyone else with me on that?!! I need some Clever Ideas to Spice up my Valentine's.........any helpful ideas?!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Fix him an awesome snack.....set him up in front of the big HD TV for a sports event and you and the girls hole up in the cave watching a chick flick....he would be in hog heaven:) and then you could all do something together when it's over...LOL
ReplyDelete